Saturday, March 29, 2008

Competency #7: Multimedia

I really like this library map poster. It illustrates the Dewey system which I use in cataloging books and other items for the library where I work. It is a great visual of how a cataloger first selects a main "path" and then looks for the most specific number for the book being cataloged. I wonder if catalogers' brains have a similar look to them? :) I found this image when I searched on Google Image under "dewey decimal system." http://www.1-900-870-6235.com/eLearning/LibraryMap.htm

If you start with just www.1-900-870-6235.com you will start with and even larger information map. You can click at different points in the collage of maps and the smaller ones will jump out. I think the whole site graphically illustrates the librarian pursuing information.

No comments: