Saturday, March 29, 2008

Competency #6: Citation Pearl, WorldCat







My pearl:


Avram, H. D. Developing catalogers for the nation: problems and issues in training cataloging librarians for the future {on-the-job-training at LC}. In: Recruiting, educating, and training cataloging librarians. Greenwood Press, 1989

This is actually a chapter or essay in the book
Recruiting, educating, and training cataloging librarians.

Once I found it in WorldCat, I discovered that there was only one other book by this author, not helpful. I could use the subject list for the book to grow my pearl.

SUBJECT(S)
Descriptor: Catalogers -- Recruiting -- Congresses.
Catalogers -- Education -- Congresses.
Catalogers -- In-service training -- Congresses.
Librarians -- Recruiting -- Congresses.
Library education -- Congresses.
Cataloging -- Congresses.

I used these keywords from the subject list:

S1 = cataloging librarians
S2 = education
S3 = in-service

Here is the second hit. The first one was my pearl.

BookSelf-assessment guide for cataloging.
Publication: St. Paul, Minn. (440 Capitol Square Building, 550 Cedar Street, St. Paul, Minn. 55101) : Office of Library Development and Services, 1986
Document: English : Book
Libraries Worldwide: 24
More Like This: Advanced options ...
Get This Item See more details for locating this item

This search did not give me what I was looking for. I think I would get a better result if I did this same search in Academic Search Complete or LibLit.

No comments: